Today we presented our final outcomes to our clients. In the morning we had 2 hours before the presentation which was plenty of time to print everything out, order it and then put it all in to one presentation. We put the tasks in the order that they were delivered to us. This everything that I had to present:
As we put the tasks in the order that they were delivered in I was presenting first. I stood up and talked our cliets through the moodboards and how I used them as inspiration to create the branding for higher education. The other tasks were then delievered and then everyone presented their outcomes for the logo project.We then went through the presentation slide by slide again and our clients gave us their comments and this is the feedback I received about the moodboards:
- Good choice of fonts, may need ultering.
- The choice of images met the brief perfectly.
- Loved the different typography on the second moodboard far left. They could see how that would work having a different style for each subject so it would appeal to the people wanting to do that course.
- Thought that looking at other material besided prospectuses was a good idea and meant it gave us more inspiration.
- Agreed that the style of photography was going in the right direction and current photos do look fake. Liked the idea of having people not looking at the camera.
- Liked the iconography, questioned why they weren't in triangles as that would fit in with the logo. I said this could easily be adapted to fit this idea.
Overall the feedback I received for the moodabords was overwhelmingly positive and my outcomes "completely met the brief." I was so pleased with my feedback, branding is something I really enjoy doing so I felt it was the perfect task for me.
This was the feedback I received for my logos:
- Liked the ribbon emblem in the middle.
- Thinks it works really well in black and white.
- The down sized version is a good idea.
- One of the team couldn't read the text so may need adapting to make it larger.
Again like the moodboards the feedback for my logos was overwhelmingly positive and I was so pleased they liked them. Logo design is another part of graphic design that I really enjoy doing. I find it quite challenging but I was pleased with my feedback.
Overall I was thrilled with the feedback we as a team received from the marketing team, they said they were really pleased with the amount of work we produced and they said it was all to a professional standard.
In regard to what I would do differently if I was to do the presentation again is I would show how I would impliment my branding and show examples of it being used for a printed material. The reason I didn't show my prospectus spread and covers that I'd made earlier in the week is due to the feedback I got from one of clients which was not to worry about that too much but to focus more on the moodboards. I wish I had stuck to my guts though and decided to show them anyway as I think it would have helped them visualise the branding more.
I feel like I've acheived my main target for this week which was to produce graphic design work to a high and professional standard. My other 3 targets were to voice my opinions, ask for help when needed and branch out from Illustrator and InDesign. I definitely felt like I voiced my opinions and ideas this week, they weren't always agreed with but I'm glad I expressed myself. I asked for feedback from the clients when I was unsure and I asked for my team's help when I was stuck on a task. I did use Photoshop this week but not as much as I would have liked to but I knew this may happen as it wasn't really a programme I really required for what I was creating.
Overall I would say that I have learnt a lot about working as a team this week and it has been a very interesting and useful experience and will be one that that will help me later in my career.