Today I carried on developing my initial ideas for task 1. I created another moodboard and made some more mock ups of front covers for a higher education prospectus. For the moodboard I created today I looked at other things besides examples of prospectuses. For this one I focused mainly on typography and photography. I found all these images on Pinterest and I really like the style of them and think they'd be suitable for my target audience (17/18 year olds). They've definitely inspired me to create something fresh and modern.
This morning we had a presentation to show our client the initial ideas we created the day before. They were really happy with what we had produced and said we were going in the right direction. The college logo features a triange which represents a boat. They really liked the idea of taking this triangle and incorporating it in to our designs. Below is a prospectus cover where I made a simple pattern on Illustrator made of different coloured triangles. This is something I'm going to develop further tomorrow. I also did a cover with a gradient incorporating the colours used on the college logo, I'm not entirely sure about this one so I emailed my clients asking for some feedback. Today I felt like I achieved my target asking for feedback and guidance from my client about my work.